So the soccer game wasn´t too terrible. I tried some Bolivian beer called Huari. Pretty strong, not sure if I liked it or not. For being strong, there weren´t a lot of hops. Then I had something that I saw Jean Carla drinking called an Alexander. It´s coffee liquer, and I thought it would be more bitter, but it was just incredibly sweet and I couldn´t finish it. We played a Bolivian dice game called Cacho. It´s a lot like Yahtzee. I´m trying again to include a photo... this time of the group at dinner. Our waiter Dennis was very friendly and offered to take the shot. They don´t rush you out the door here like they do in the US. That was nice, but I don´t know if I need a repeat experience of being in the same restaurant for eight hours any time in the near future. OK, so I just had the pic on here and it deleted, so I´m just going to leave it at the top of this entry for now. Sorry.
This morning we didn´t have much to do. We got up, had breakfast and coffee, and then we did our own things until noon. Mine including some reading, journaling, and a really good hour of yoga. I would like to go do it under the banana trees, but I don´t want to be in people´s way. So... inside will do for now.
My other pic just uploaded, too, the one I´ve been dying to get on here. That´s Bellen (think I was spelling it wrong before) with the pigtails and pouty face. I´m gonna try to get Mariana on here, too. If it works, she is the one in red. I spent about two hours straight holding her on Friday, which is real progress considering she hid from me under a high chair on the second day we were there and wouldn´t even eat for me. Apparently she is a very good eater once she trusts you. Well, she might try to throw a fit and bury her nose in the wall in defiance, but if you threaten to take her food away for good, she comes around. Bellen eats well, too. She looks a little scared while eating, though.
I´m hoping I can get one last pic on here. If I can, it´s the view from the statue of Jesus on top of the mountain. Like I said yesterday, we were able to walk up inside and take pictures out of the holes. I still don´t know the story behind the statue, but the view was cool anyway.
Today Jean Carla picked us up for lunch. I had lomo borracho, which means drunken tenderloins. There´s a big chunk of tenderloin steak at the bottom with an egg and some onions on top and it sits in a broth of wine/beer broth. We also tried some different juices, one was papaya and the other... I don´t remember the name but it´s a fruit you can only get in Bolivia. It was good.
Then Jean Carla took off for the afternoon, and Cari, David, Daniel, and I walked to a theater to catch a movie. David and Daniel went to see Angels and Demons while Cari and I watched the Che movie. It was really sad. I sat there and just cried... haha, Daniel´s book this morning suggested crying in a cinema. The landscapes were so beautiful... all of the Andes, and yet all the people could focus on was blowing holes in each other. I know there´s war, but every now and then it hits a little harder than it does usually and I just have to have a cry. It´s just such a stark contrast... all the beauty around us in love and nature and then... just total destruction. You would think humans in all our intelligence would have figured out a way around this. Sometimes I wonder if it´s our intelligence that gets us into these messes. I mean, you have to be smart to plot out a war. Anyway, those are just some thoughts. I´m going to go for now, because I´m in the internet cafe, only one computer is working, and I think Cari would like to use it now.
Peace. Blessings. Do something beautiful.
Casie
Great group picture. Sounds like you all had a relaxing day and evening. So this restaurant had an outside area to eat? That's what it looks like. Nice. Yes the pics of the little ones finally uploaded. They are beautiful little girls. You had a 'pouty' face like Bellen - in your case, it was because you had such chubby cheeks :) Missed your call this evening - Carly and I were visiting MamMaw and PapPaw. She is not going back until tomorrow because she babysits tomorrow at 10:00. The little girl she is babysitting is 4. Your Aunt Lori cries easily during sad movies - so maybe that is who you take that after!! Have a good evening Casie. Love you.
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures! It seems like you're going to make some great friends during this trip. Glad you're enjoying it so far!
ReplyDelete